The Del Mar Schools Education Foundation (DMSEF) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that exists to raise funds to assist in paying for the compensation packages for specialized and credentialed teachers in the Del Mar Union School District’s STEAM+ curriculum. In the Del Mar Union School District (DMUSD), STEAM+ provides robust and engaging opportunities for students to experience an interdisciplinary approach to learning. Purposeful learning occurs around clear concepts that require students to think critically and explore solutions to real-world problems. We are preparing our students for the future! Dynamic learning environments support strategic thinking, innovation, and collaboration. These practices promote deep understanding and sustain a lifetime of inquiry. Students who are prepared for their future must be able to connect experiences from a variety of disciplines and think about problems through a new lens. Science and technology concepts fuse together with engineering and art! Music and physical education collide in ways never before imagined (STEAM+).
DMSEF is committed to providing specialized instruction and thereby enriching the educational opportunities of every student in the Del Mar Union School District (DMUSD).
DMSEF raises money to fund specialists to teach DMUSD elementary students specialized subjects as a part of STEAM+ learning and help them reach their fullest intellectual, social, and creative potential. Through exploration, experimentation, and creativity, STEAM+ learning provides the hands-on experience that extends beyond the classroom and prepares tomorrow’s leaders and innovators.
DMSEF is committed to offering exceptional educational opportunities for every student in the DMUSD. We work in partnership with parents and the community to provide an educational experience beyond what is possible with public dollars.
• We believe that a prosperous society has its roots in a strong, well-funded public school system.
• We believe consistently well-funded schools are able to prepare our graduates to meet the challenges and opportunities of the world.
• We join forces with parents, district leadership, PTAs, principals, teachers, students, businesses and the extended community to make DMUSD schools the best they can be.
• We are dedicated to the founding ideals of equality as we strive to provide the best educational experience possible.
• We support schools in their efforts to nourish our children’s intellect, self-expression, social skills and engagement with the larger world.
• We welcome all contributions, large and small, and recognize that broad community involvement sends a powerful message of caring about the growth and future of all children in our public schools.
• We are committed to maximizing our contribution to schools and minimizing our overhead by developing and implementing the foundation’s activities with a board consisting of dedicated volunteers.
• We are committed to innovation in addressing our district’s funding needs, and to facilitating the districts’s innovation in teaching.