The Del Mar Schools Education Foundation (DMSEF) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that raises money to help fund the STEAM+ teachers in the Del Mar Union School District (DMUSD). Our mission is important to every student in the district. Since the State of California does not provide funding for STEAM+ teachers in elementary school, DMSEF works in partnership with our district to fund STEAM+ credentialed specialists at all DMUSD schools. Last year, DMSEF raised $1.22 million from families, friends, employers and community partners! This year, we hope to reach $1.4 million for 100% funding for our STEAM+ teachers!
DMSEF raises money to help fund credentialed STEAM+ teachers in our school district.
All students in our district will receive an exceptional STEAM+ education to become the leaders and innovators of tomorrow.
• We believe that a prosperous society has its roots in a strong, well-funded public school system.
• We believe consistently well-funded schools are able to prepare our graduates to meet the challenges and opportunities of the world.
• We join forces with parents, district leadership, PTAs, principals, teachers, students, businesses and the extended community to make DMUSD schools the best they can be.
• We are dedicated to the founding ideals of equality as we strive to provide the best educational experience possible.
• We support schools in their efforts to nourish our children’s intellect, self-expression, social skills and engagement with the larger world.
• We welcome all contributions, large and small, and recognize that broad community involvement sends a powerful message of caring about the growth and future of all children in our public schools.
• We are committed to maximizing our contribution to schools and minimizing our overhead by developing and implementing the foundation’s activities with a board consisting of dedicated volunteers.
• We are committed to innovation in addressing our district’s funding needs, and to facilitating the district’s innovation in teaching.
GuideStar Gold Seal of Transparency
We are pleased to have earned the GuideStar Gold Seal of Transparency in 2021. This places DMSEF in the top 5% of nonprofits for providing information about our work. This seal reflects our commitment to share our story, tell our community how we operate, and how we plan to use the funds that are raised. It is our goal to be as transparent as possible about our operations, costs, and how we support DMUSD.