The DMSEF Board of Directors is made up of parents from every school in the district who volunteer our time to ensure the highest quality education for our children and we welcome new board members and volunteers.
Ways to Volunteer:
1. Apply to Join Our Board of Directors
Our Board generally has two representatives from each school in the district. The following schools are accepting applications for the current school year and 2022-23:
Ashley Falls (2)
Carmel Del Mar (2)
Del Mar Hills (1)
Ocean Air (2)
Sage Canyon (2)
Sycamore Ridge (2)
Torrey Hills (2)
2. Become a Grade Level Ambassador
Each school may also have Grade Level Ambassadors. These parent volunteers help with the following:
- Communicate to grade level room parents about DMSEF’s mission and fundraising activities.
- Advise Board members of grade level STEAM+ events (e.g. grade level performance). These are wonderful opportunities to share DMSEF’s message with our parent community.
- Help with DMSEF fundraising campaigns.
Reasons to Get Involved in DMSEF
- Your child loves STEAM+ classes, you recognize their importance and you would like to support our awesome STEAM+ program and teachers.
- You would like to be involved in your child’s school, but can’t commit to a regular volunteer schedule or can’t volunteer during the day. Being a DMSEF Director allows you to volunteer with a flexible schedule and according to the hours you are able to put in. Directors meet monthly during the school year on Wednesdays at 7 p.m. and also on an as needed basis to help run fundraising campaigns and events.
- You enjoy serving on non-profit Boards or have always wanted to serve on a non-profit Board.
- You have a background in communications, marketing, fundraising, law, accounting, education, other business field, or anything STEAM+ related.
- You are looking for a way to give back to our community.
- You would enjoy meeting and working with parents from other schools in the district.
- You would like to work more closely with your school’s Principal and district leadership.
Please contact your principal, current DMSEF Directors at your school, or [email protected] (858-523-6007) if you are interested in becoming a DMSEF volunteer or Board member. We thank you in advance for making a difference for our schools and our students.